Value to Industry
Industry needs to raise the profile of cyber careers
Education is a cottage industry that is not easily accessible at a strategic level to deliver important messaging
Create a fast track recruitment strategy by building relationships to identify recruits from a known, qualified, captive talent pool
Work with an experienced team to gain access to students by engaging with UTCs and implementing effective skills programmes
Demonstrate your commitment to social mobility in society by working with students with many forms of diversity
Enhance your employer brand by providing your staff with rewarding experiences and valuable CPD, supporting young people in their learning journey
Why Choose UTC? Why Choose Us?
How Cyber UTCs support students
A Cyber UTC offers students the opportunity to develop cyber skills in a safe environment, whilst connecting with industry professionals and gaining an insight into the industry.
- can start on a cyber career from the age of 14
- gain access to leading-edge training labs and build a tech-centric CV at a Cyber UTC
- learn from industry professionals so they can also build their professional network, taking part in technical workshops and learning from experts
- understand the many specialisms available within the cyber industry
- develop cyber skills in a safe environment
- have full access to Immersive Labs Digital Cyber Academy, as well as professional vendor qualifications where offered by the cyber UTC
Government funded schools with a STEM focus
Established by companies and universities in areas of high demand for talent.
Offer sought-after technical qualifications in addition to a core curriculum of English, maths etc.,
- Delivering talks, workshops, work experience to individual UTCs. Introduced to local UTC(s)
- CSR recognition, CPD for staff
- Status: ‘UTC Cyber Community Partner’
- Workshop coordination support
- Delivering programmes at one or more UTCs
- Access to UTC teachers at your UTC(s)
- Social media promotion of your activity
- Gaining access to UTC students at your UTC(s) to create a cyber skills pipeline for your business or ecosystem
- Status as ‘UTC Cyber Skills Partner’
- Delivery manager
Building technical skills across multiple UTCs & regions
Delivering skills programmes at multiple UTCs
Supporting UTC Cyber Group communications with UTC cyber student community,
Coordination of local/regional/national skills campaigns
Video experience testimonial & social media programme
Access to national UTC teacher and student community (computing)
Influence direction of the Group and the cyber education agenda within the national UTC movement
Alliance programme delivery (partners collaborating)
Branded CSR programme delivery
Status: ‘UTC Cyber Strategy Partner’
Delivery Director (Mike)
What Our Partners are Saying
"Cyber Security underpins every business in operation today and is critical to national security. Fujitsu has been a supporter of UTCs and have recruited some great talent across our business. When we were asked to support the UTC Cyber Group we felt this would be the perfect opportunity to work with the national UTC network to address the cyber skills shortage.
We are proud to support and work with a team with a compelling vision, that are currently supporting in excess of 2000 students and scope for many more."
"Cyber security is a sector where you can genuinely have a positive impact on fundamental areas of our daily lives … and yet we’ve got a severe shortage of skilled people to help."